RCSJ Gloucester Roadrunner Athletics has announced its Class of 2019 Hall of Fame Inductees and will honor the new members during an induction ceremony scheduled for Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 6:00 pm at Adelphia's in Deptford, NJ.
RCSJ Gloucester will honor the following inductees in its Class of 2019:
- Dimitri Athans, a former Kingsway Regional High tennis standout who became a two-time Roadrunner All-American. He will become the first men's tennis former athlete to be inducted into the Roadrunner Hall of Fame.
- Greg Chew, star pitcher and draft pick as a player and Assistant Coach with Roadrunner Baseball program winning National Championships with Coaches Barry Davis and Rob Valli.
- Dr. Abiola Majekundunmi, a former Clayton High School track standout in the sprints and throws and two-time national champion for Roadrunner Track and field.
- Kristina Morgan, an Audubon High alumna and inspirational MVP and winning pitcher in the 2011 and 2012 NJCAA National Championship games captured by the Runners.
- Bob Fredrick, Roadrunner Athletics administrator and former Paulsboro High wrestling coach and athletic director;
- Wayne Murschell, Roadrunner Athletics administrator and former Pitman High wrestling coach and athletic director; and
- Fred Swartz, Roadrunner Athletics administrator and former football coach, track official, athletic director and sports announcer.
"We are excited to honor this talented class of inductees into the Roadrunner Athletic Hall of Fame," Executive Director of Athletics Brian Rowan said. "Each of these individuals have made significant contributions to the college's history of national success in junior college athletics."
- In addition, six teams will be recognized at the dinner for their NJCAA National Championship performances:
- 1999 and 2000 Baseball National Championship Teams to be introduced by Hall of Fame coach Barry Davis.
- 1999 and 2000 Wrestling National Championship Team to be introduced by Hall of Fame coach Mike Lamb.
- 2010 Baseball National Championship Team to be introduced by current Rowan University coach Mike Dickson.
- 2010 Men's Tennis National Championship Team to be introduced by Roadrunner coach and Athletic Director Brian Rowan.
Purchase Tickets at link below: