1. Delran, 3-0, The Bears ended last season as the No. 1 team and there’s no reason to take them down now. Fast start has seen them outscore opponents 6-0.
2. Cherry West, 3-0, The Lions had a disappointing finish to the season last year after winning the South Jersey Coaches Tournament championship. They seem well equipped for another successful season.
3. Haddonfield, 3-0, The Bulldawgs are a senior-laden team that is off to a roaring start. Have outscored opponents 9-0, including a win over Group 4 Cherry Hill East.
4. Washington Township, 0-0, The Minutemen are a perennial power that finished strong last season and that brings back a lot of talent for another run.
5. St. Augustine, 1-0-1, The Hermits spanked a good Rancocas Valley team in their season opener, but coming back to tie Cape-Atlantic American rival Mainland.
6. Mainland, 0-0-1, The Mustangs return all but four of the players who carried the team to a Group 3 South Jersey championship last season.
7. Shawnee, 1-0-1, The Renegades are a team that always has to be reckoned with. Opened the season with a nice-win over Olympic American rival Cherokee.
8. Williamstown, 1-0-1, The Braves have opened with a nice win over a tough Sterling team, and then played to a scoreless tie with Tri-County Royal rival Clearview.
9. Haddon Township, 1-0, The Hawks have, for years, been one of the better small-school programs in South Jersey. They were co-state champions in Group 1 last season.
10. Cherokee, 0-1, Despite an opening loss to Shawnee, the Chiefs figure to be one of the tougher teams in Group 4 this season.
Tag(s): Home Cherry Hill West Washington Twp. Williamstown Haddon Twp. Haddonfield St. Augustine Prep Schools Tri-County Conference Olympic Conference Cape-Atlantic League Colonial Conference Cherokee Shawnee Burlington Co. League Mainland Regional Delran Don Benevento