1. Cherokee (27-3): The Chiefs, paced by outstanding senior Izzy Therien, won South Jersey Group 4 for the program's second sectional title and also brought home the championship in the South Jersey Invitational Basketball Tournament.
2. Ocean City (30-2): The Red Raiders captured their second straight South Jersey Group 3 crown and fell just short of a state championship, dropping a 48-45 decision to Pascack Valley in the final.
3. Gloucester Catholic (21-7): Seniors Danielle Sanderlin, Naiyana Sabb and Tenisha Pressley ended their memorable careers with a hard-fought loss in the sectional quarterfinals to St. Rose, a top-five team in the state.
4. Lenape (24-4): The Indians followed up a state championship season in 2016 with another impressive year, reeling off 14 straight wins before falling to Cherokee in the sectional semifinals.
5. Middle Township (25-4): After Jan. 27, the Panthers lost just two games by a total of three points, including a heartbreaker against Manchester Township in the South Jersey Group 2 final.
6. Paul VI (23-6): Senior guard Aliyah Stephens finished as the all-time leading scorer at Paul VI and the Eagles reached the South Jersey Non-Public A final before falling to Red Bank Catholic, one of the state's top teams.
7. Haddonfield (26-3): The Bulldawgs went undefeated in the Colonial Conference and reached the South Jersey Group 2 semifinals.
8. Mainland (22-7): The Mustangs suffered six losses against New Jersey competition and all of them were by single digits, including a 38-31 defeat at the hands of Ocean City in the South Jersey Group 3 final.
9. Rancocas Valley (21-6): Despite seeing one of their top players transfer early in the season, the Red Devils earned another season of 20-plus wins and made the semifinals of the South Jersey Invitational Basketball Tournament.
10. Camden Catholic (20-7): The Fighting Irish won at least 20 games and made the South Jersey Non-Public A semifinals for the fourth year in a row.
Tag(s): Home Gloucester Catholic Paul VI Camden Catholic Haddonfield Schools Tri-County Conference Olympic Conference Cape-Atlantic League Colonial Conference Cherokee Lenape Burlington Co. League Mainland Regional Middle Township Ocean City Rancocas Valley Matt Cosentino Girls Basketball Burlington County League Liberty Ran. Valley Girls Basketball Cape-Atlantic League American Mainland Girls Basketball National Middle Twp. Girls Basketball Ocean City Girls Basketball Colonial Conference Liberty Haddonfield Girls Basketball Olympic Conference American Cherokee Girls Basketball Lenape Girls Basketball National Camden Girls Basketball Paul VI Girls Basketball Tri-County Conference Classic Glou. Cath. Girls Basketball